Scott left 12 days ago. Right now he is at Ft. Hunter Liggett in Northern CA for training. He will be there for 3 weeks, before heading back to Missouri for another 3 weeks. Then he gets to come home for 2 weeks (whoo hoo!) Next he's off to Ft. Bliss Texas for another 6 weeks. Mason and I will fly to Texas for 4 days (yay!) so we can see Scott off when he leaves for Afghanistan (Boo!) He will be in Afghanistan for 12 months (with a 2-week leave somewhere in the middle - yippee!) and then he finally comes home for good! (haaa-lleluiah!) It's going to be along year, but at least we have little breaks in between - that makes it feel shorter.
Scott is having an okay time in CA. He's making lots of friends and doing some really cool training! Like playing with all types of guns, learning how to jam IED signals (improvised explosive devise), learning how roll over in a humvee, night shooting, etc. BUT he's really missing his family so that puts a damper on the fun.
Mason and I are now living with my parents in Ogden and we're slowly adjusting to all the changes. I didn't think Mason would have a problem adjusting, but boy was I wrong! He has been a clingy, crying, scaredy cat of a mess. I know this sounds weird to say about someone so young, but I think he may have abandonment issues. I can't even go to the kitchen to get a glass of water without him bursting into tears because he thinks I'm leaving. It's pretty heartbreaking!
This has been one busy month! Here are some of the things we enjoyed or suffered through these past weeks. I'm sure there are more, but it's all a blur.
- 4-day cruise (Suffered - being sick and taking a baby doesn't make for a fun voyage!)
- Visit with Scott's family in CA (Enjoyed!!!)
- Each of us were on and off sick for weeks! (Suffered - obviously)
- Had our 1st Mickiewicz family Christmas with just the 3 of us (Enjoyed)
- Spent lots of time with family and friends (Enjoyed)
- Sold one of our cars (Not too much hassle so I'll say - Enjoyed)
- Rented out our house (Suffered! - Such a long and stressful process, plus I had to hand my home over to 4 strangers!)
- Moved (Suffered!!! - This was the hardest move yet)
- Endured a late-night ER trip to get Mason stitches in his poor little forehead (SUFFERED - why didn't anyone tell me how hard it is to go through something like that?!)
- An entire month off of work for both Scott and me so we could spend lots of time together as a family (ENJOYED!!!)
Wow! Sounds like you have had a lot going on. I hope everyone adjusts quickly to all the changes and I hope this year goes by really fast for you guys. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteYou are so darling. And so awesome. Stay busy! Post a lot so your husband can see his boy grow. I'll miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Bree
Candi, what toddler activity books would you recommend?
ReplyDelete