Saturday, February 13, 2010

Less than 1 week!


By this time next week I will be snugglin' with my honey! The Army is flying Mason & me out to Missouri (that's where Scott is) for yellow ribbon day. What is yellow ribbon day you ask? Heck if I know! But WHO CARES?! I get to be with my hunky soldier!!!

I think we come back on Sunday (we still don't actually have itinerary - that' the Army for ya) and then Scott comes home on Wednesday for 2 WHOLE WEEKS! Then the Army is flying us to Missouri again a few days after he leaves for their send-off celebration (Although they still aren't actually leaving for Afghanistan for 6 weeks after that - go figure) Talk about an awesome month!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to you to beable to see your sweetie!! LUCKY! Have a great time. love ya jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! I'm sure it's been tough with him gone. I'm glad you and Mason get to spend some time with him. Tell him Hello for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you get to see Scott so many times this month! That's amazing!!! I can only imagine how happy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Candi! I would have emailed you but I don't think I have your email address. So why in the world won't your mom let poor Wyatt out of the bathroom? You're right, that is a miserable life for a cat, and he can't live the next year like that! I know you said your mom won't let him out, but obviously that would be the best solution... I don't really know the situation here... but I'm sorry you're stuck in it!

    Adam and I talked about whether or not we could take him for you, but we've already got four cats and there are so many dynamics in play with them.... we definitely have an Alpha male, and I think it would really throw them off if we were to introduce another cat into our home, even if not permanently. Whenever we foster for the Humane Society we keep them separate, but we only have one room set aside for that and we need to keep it open for when the Humane Society has a need.

    You could ask around among other friends and see if anyone's willing to take him, or my husband Adam did a google search on "military pet foster care" because we're heard of a few of these programs. Here's a link to the search results, and he looked at the first few: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=military+pet+foster+care&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&cad=h

    I'm not sure whether or not it will be helpful, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out. I'm sorry that we're not more help... good luck finding a good place for Wyatt until Scott's back home!

    ReplyDelete