Friday, April 17, 2009

Finally... Balance!

I never realized what a struggle it would be to keep the house clean, cook dinner, exercise, read scriptures, run errands, visit with friends/family/neighbors, work, teach primary, do any projects or creative things I like to do, relax, etc... all while taking care of the baby and making sure we're home in time for naps (he doesn't sleep well when we're out). But lately I have really been feeling like a finally have balance in my life since the baby came!

This is how I finally arrived in this glorious place:
1. Sometimes you just need to let go of things... like accepting the fact that my house will not always be clean. Which I now feel is ok, because I really don't want to look back and realize that I missed all the precious moments with Mason as a baby because I was too busy mopping the floor.
2. It's time to re-strategize. The old way of doing things just isn't going to work anymore, so I needed to come up with a new plan. I recently heard someone say "never leave a room empty-handed". This has revolutionized my busy life! By picking up at least one item every time I leave the room, the house stays tidy enough that I can enjoy playing with the baby until I get the time to really clean things up.
3. Organize and plan ahead! I looooove to organize and I have no doubt that this is what helps me keep my sanity!!! As fas as plannig, I like to "schedule" my day, making "appointments" for exercise, reading, when to start dinner, etc. You'd be surprised how well this works.
4. Weekly homework. In order to accomplish all the little projects and fun things I "keep meaning to do", I have started a list (which is always growing) and each week I work on one project. This has not only helped me feel productive, it's also fun!
5. Patience. 'Nuf said :)

I loved mommy-hood before, but now I love it even more!

And on that note, here's an update on our little giant:
  • He's starting to use the pincer grasp (this just all-the-sudden happened one day)
  • His weight gain is slowing down. This last month he only gained 1 lb instead of 2.
  • He now has 2 teeth (and I have to admit that they're cuter than I thought they'd be)
  • He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth and yet, for some reason, will NOT put food in his mouth... go figure.
  • There is still no sign of stranger anxiety, he'll go to anyone!
  • Mommy and Daddy can make him laugh harder than anyone else can (we are pretty funny)
  • He can almost pull himself up.
  • AND... he's crawling. This just started and it's pretty slow-going but he's definately on his way! Check out the video below to see a super cute little clip (it's about 2 minutes long):


And here are some cute pictures, enjoy!

First time on the swings



First trip to the park



But Mom I HATE carrots!
(No, I'm not this crazy, we gave it to him
b/c he was teething and this made him feel better)
(And normally he loves this)



Off to church we go!



Easter outfit :)



Before he could figure out how to crawl,
he would just push up on his toes
and then yell because it wasn't working..
pretty cute (he still does this)



Trained assassin!


And... if you're in the mood to smile, check out this little video:

8 comments:

  1. i LOVE the church vests! where did you get those! i have to have one lol. he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh, that had to be the cutest video ever. I LOVE the pics. My fav one is when he is ready to go to church. I seriously am in love with Mr. Mason. he is so precious. I am excited for our date tomorrow, so we can go to the gym and get our butts kicked. I wish we lived closer, so we could just go to the gym together all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey candi gram. Mason is too cute, i'm sad that i have yet to meet him. I don't know when we will be out next to visit. I saw that you called and am planning on calling you soon, I miss you and can't wait to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light blue vest came from WalMart (they have surprisingly cute baby church clothes) and the navy blue came from Sears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mason is adorable! I love his laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candi -- how cute is Mason. Geez. He's such a little chunker, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you feel like you have balance in your life! I wonder how long that will take me after the baby arrives...hmmm good question! I'll definitely try to take your advice in! Mason is adorable by the way! I loved the pictures and videos! You better keep posting lots so I can stay updated on you guys! Plus, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me when I need baby advice or when I just want to say hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!!! We have a canon...I don't remember what the whole name of it is but if you look on my blog under February and the title is "My New Camera", I have a picture of it on there. We actually got it from Scott's store! We got a really good deal on it too, so we have him to thank for it :) So I don't wanna jinx this or anything...but did you know the Memmott's are moving?? Troy and I are going to look at their house this weekend and are thinking of buying it!

    ReplyDelete