My husband is the biggest weirdo! Most couples go on romantic Valentine dates (we had ours Thursday since Scott works tonight) but Mickiewicz men are anything but typical. When our original plans got snowed in, Scott surprised me with a night at the Nicklecade and a four-star dinner at Fuddruckers! I had a blast!!! We ended up staying for 2 1/2 hours (but we thought it was only one hour.. time really does fly when you're having fun). And I must admit that, oddly enough, Fuddruckers was actually my idea, 'cause I was just in the mood for a hamburger - which is rare! And I have to give Scott credit because our last 3 Valentines Days have been very romantic :) ..... Right after I wrote this Scott totally surprised me with a dozen roses, he is the best!
We've been fortunate enough to be able to continue our weekly date night even since the baby has come. Scott's family has watched him a couple times and we've had our "squatter" Dustin watch him a few times. It's been so nice!!! Dustin is one of Scott's army buddies who has been staying with us for about a month and Scott calls him out "squatter" becuase he says he'll never leave :) but he is seriously the BEST houseguest we have ever had and as long as he keeps watching the baby, making dinner, and cleaning our house, he can stay as long as he wants!!!
On a sadder note, Mason is sick for the first time... along with both Mom and Dad. Yuk! He's usually the happiest, easiest baby ever, but since he's been sick he's been super clingy. He's actually drooling on my face at this very moment - I have to hold him on my lap and type one-handed because he cries every time I put him down. Poor little guy :( But he is sleeping much better since we discovered Vicks VapoSteam for his humidifier, what a life saver!
All in all we're doing really great and I can't wait for next Sunday when I finally get to give Scott his overdue birthday present! I'll post pictures of that as soon we get it home. I'm really proad of it, but I can't talk about it because it's a suprise so you'll just have to wait and see (but it's REALLY good!)
Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
2 days ago
I just love you three, you are adorable!
ReplyDeleteFun Valentines Day! That sounds like you had a blast. What a good hubby to get you flowers. We really missed you guys at the party. Are you feeling better? Cute blog! Thanks for letting me know about it! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteCandi ~ that is such a sweet picture header! Congrats for starting the blog - you'll be addicted in no time.
ReplyDelete