Where did June & July go?
We've been pretty busy these last couple months. I can't remember everything we've done, but I'll post some of the highlights soon. I just wanted to do a quickie post today.
I have the most amazing friends & family! Not only have we had an amazing outpouring of help & support since Scott has been gone, but this last week everyone really stepped up. My birthday was last week & I got about a million & a half phone calls & emails & FB posts & lunch/dinner invitations. It was crazy. I felt very loved :) It could have been a sad day, but instead it was wonderful! So thank you all very much!!!
These were my 2 favorite things about my birthday:
1. I took Mason to a splash pad in the morning. I find it funny that as a mom, I chose to take my son somewhere fun for my birthday because I just can't imagine anything more fun than watching him laugh & play. We had a great morning!
2. Scott arranged a wonderful birthday surprise for me. He had my mom drive me into town & drop me off at an office building. She told me to go to the 2nd floor & ask for Jo. I thought I was getting a yoga class because I accidentally looked at the bank account after Scott told me not to... oops :) & I thought "what a lame gift" (Sounds bratty, I know, but I can go to a yoga class any time I want for free)(Okay, it was also a little bratty). I was very pleasantly surprised to find that he had bought me an hour-long massage! This was a big deal for me - I had never had a professional massage before because I always feel guilty spending money on myself. And I didn't just love this gift because the massage was great (which it was!), but I loved it because it was so thoughtful & sweet & it took a lot of planning on his part (he had been emailing back & forth with "Jo" for quite sometime). She said that Scott had told her that I work so hard taking car of our 2-yr-old all day long & I deserved a night off (or something like that). It reminded me how much my husband loves & appreciates me. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present!
3. I know I only said 2, but I just thought of another... We went to the splash pad with another mom & her 18-month-old daughter. The mom is recently divorced & after hearing her talk about her problems I felt sooooo grateful for my own life & marriage. So even though I felt really sad for her & all of the things she's been through, I appreciated the opportunity to reflect on how truly blessed I am! Great husband, adorable son, wonderful extended family, great friends, and the gospel. My cup runneth over!!!
Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
2 days ago
happy belated birthday! I'm so glad it was a great one. :)
ReplyDeleteOh happy birthday! I'm so glad you a had good one. Scott really did a good job on his gift!
ReplyDelete