Friday, April 30, 2010

Catching up (part 2 of 3)

A Few of my Favorite Things
(aka. Scott's 2-week leave)

Scott was able to come home on leave for 2 weeks from Feb 23rd - March 10th. Not much happened so I don't really have anything exciting to say, because we mainly just relaxed, hung out with friends and family, and enjoyed each others' company. Plus we went out to eat a LOT, and watched a lot of HGTV while Mason was napping (I'm addicted and Scott just wants to see David Bromstad with his shirt off).

So, as the title suggests, these are a few of my favorite things about having Scott around. Some things I didn't fully realize I had missed so much:
  • Having someone to really talk to
  • Cuddling
  • Not sleeping alone at night
  • Laughing like I hadn't laughed in 2 months
  • Feeling like a complete family again
  • Having a partner in parenting
  • Going on dates
  • Watching Mason laugh with his Dada
  • Being with my best friend again
  • Kissing & stuff ;)
  • Being the passenger instead of the driver (that way I can take a nap)
  • Etc...
I don't have many pictures from those 2 weeks because we really didn't do much at all. Not that I'm complaining - it was so relaxing and non-stressful and wonderful - there just aren't many kodak moments on the couch or in a restaurant booth.

BUT here are some pictures from the very small going away party we had at Scott's parents house. (That big party pooper wouldn't let me do a giant one like I wanted to. lame.)

We had a dessert night

The cake we bought from Sam's Club

Scott's high school buddies
(uh... yeah, Jared looks super creepy, he's just like that)
Poppy & Aaron Catano (isn't she adorable?!)

And last but not least, Mason & Dada

It was a great 2 weeks! But of course it was bitter sweet because it made me remember what I was missing :( Sniff sniff. Not to worry, 10 months to go and this will all be behind us. Leaving us a stronger family because of it!

Stay tuned for our last reunion & final installment of "catching up"

3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be separated from your husband for so long! Adam's gone for the weekend and I'm all lonely. :) I admire you guys for the sacrifice you are making, and I pray that the next ten months fly by quickly and Scott remains safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your update. I am glad you got to spend time together. I hope you are doing well. Sorry that you were not able to get ahold of me I just have my cell number now no home phone. Take care Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard for me to even think about him being gone. I feel sad and one of the hardest things is thinking about you and Mason having to be separated from Scott. Makes me cry

    ReplyDelete