I'm starting to think that maybe the Lord made me a paranoid mom for a reason. I'm usually being just that - paranoid - but sometimes I'm right and my paranoia pays off. This was the case last night when I took Mason to the Dr. I thought I was probably over-reacting, but it turns out his cough and subsequent fever were actually RSV. Lame!
So this poor little guy is stuck in the house for 10-14 days! We literally can't go anywhere, because there are other kids around everywhere we go. Not even the grocery store! I may go crazy!!! Any ideas? What do you do?... to keep your little ones busy when they're stuck indoors?
These are the machines we got delivered to our house. One is a "Baby Booger Sucker" that we need to use before he eats, sleeps, or as needed to clean the mucus out of his nose/throat. And the other is a nebulizer he has to use for 5-7 minutes, every 4-6 hours as needed for wheezing. He HATES both of these and it takes both my mom and me to hold him down. Not very fun.
Doesn't he look so sad and pathetic? This is his permanent spot - on my lap, with his bear (and usually his blanket and paci). He even watches tv with me, which is a miracle because he never watches tv... even when I want him to (which is pretty rare, but I would have loved for him to watch a dvd on our 8-hours of plane rides last month, but he refused! But that's a story for another day).
Anyway... PLEASE leave me some ideas for how to keep this sad little guy entertained for the next couple weeks.
Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
2 days ago
You poor things! Having to hold down your child against his will is miserable. I have no idea what I'd do with Hannah for 10-14 days. She had a stomach virus for a week and we watched a ton of television, and honestly, that was about it. It's all she wanted to do. While it was a relief that at least she was content to do that, once she was better she was a TV addict and couldn't remember how to play, so we're trying to wean her. Mason will definitely need a ton of attention... I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteBaby Einstein's are awesome for moments like these. Lincoln's not a tv watcher, but I put these on in the morning so I can have a 10 min shower and they seem to work pretty well at capturing little kids attention. He also LOVES wooden blocks and building things
ReplyDeleteColton isn't much of a TV watcher either but lately he's become a big fan of the movie Cars. I don't know why he'll sit and watch a movie but not 30 minutes of a cartoon. So try out some different Disney movies and see if he likes those. There are lots of fun "boy" ones out there.
ReplyDeleteYou could let him take long baths too. Sometimes Colton will take an hour or longer bath while I get ready for the day, clean the bathroom, etc. Sometimes I just bring a book in there and sit and read while he plays. And since he's sick you could put Johnson & Johnson's Vapor Bubble Bath in there!
Oh poor little guy. It is so sad when they are sick. Lydia is not much of a TV watcher but she does like playing with my bowls and spoons and books. It is hard staying inside for so long, good luck!!
ReplyDeleteBooks, crayons, water (bathtub), play in the yard, Sesame Street, Grandms will send him some toys! I wish I was closer to help..Poor Mom and baby!
ReplyDeleteBig, chunky wooden puzzles, color easter eggs, plant wheatgrass seeds and watch them grow (they sprout in like a day or 2), fill little jars with rice/beans and shake your heart out, bubbles, sidewalk chalk (you can at least go in the front yard, right?), bake cookies!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Hang in there. Chocolate always helps.
Love, Bree
Oh that is so sad! I'm sorry! Caden had bronchiolitis in January, but he just needed an inhaler, not all the big machines. Even still, he HATED the inhaler and I HATED giving it to him! I can't imagine having to do it for 5-7 minutes! Poor little Mason! As for good suggestions...I read through the ones above and can't come up with anything any better. Is he to the point he can do simple crafty things? There are lots of ideas online for that!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your story about Mason and my blog though. He must just know that someday him and Caden will be friends, so he wants to stay up to date! They'll be BFF!
Thanks for all the great suggestions! We have been playing in the yard so he at least gets to leave the house, and I've discovered that he LOVES finger painting! I'll give the other suggestions a try this week :)
ReplyDelete